RT2 – Roundtable Discussion #2 – Clinical Setting-specific Ethical Challenges and Opportunities for Case Managers
Health care practitioners are obligated and motivated by ethical practice. Ethical decisions balance moral principles with policy and legalities with the emphasis on benefit for others. During this roundtable discussion case managers practicing in four different disciplines will share their experiences related to meeting patient needs in their respective practice settings. While the overall goal of ethical practice is the same, there are unique opportunities and challenges specific to the populations served in each discipline. This session will allow participants to learn from the panelists how they address ethical issues and will provide insight to improve case management practice. This will be a live event allowing the audience to participate in the discussion.
- Participants will review Codes of Conduct and Standards of ethical case management practice
- The participants will witness how each discipline approaches ethical decision-making based on opportunities and challenges respective to their practice setting
- The participants will hear from the panelists the legal and ethical challenges associated with care coordination and care transition management
- The participant will examine case studies specific to these disciplines that offered either an ethical opportunity or challenge, and will discuss how the ethical situation was managed to the patient’s benefit
- The participant will learn from the panelists how to become an ethical leader regardless of discipline or practice setting