SY04 – Exclusive Lunch Symposia #4 – Case Management Strategies for Overcoming Patient-Related Hurdles in Moderate-to-Severe Asthma
This activity is sponsored by PRIME through an educational grant from Sanofi Genzyme and Regeneron Pharmaceuticals.
New biologic therapies are offering relief to many patients with moderate-to-severe asthma, yet the journey is often riddled with hurdles that prevent patients from achieving asthma control. Within this shifting landscape, case managers are increasingly becoming key players in coordinating care among asthma patients, providers, and payers. Recognizing this important role, this symposium is designed to equip case managers with the knowledge and skills needed to provide the highest quality of care to patients living with moderate-to-severe asthma. Participants will hear first-hand insights into the patient journey and will engage in applied problem-solving and panel discussions on interprofessional strategies for care coordination, therapy management, and patient education.
Top reasons to attend:
– Hear real-world patient experiences in managing moderate-to-severe asthma
– Learn how you can support your asthma patients in accessing optimal care and treatment
– Participate in interprofessional discussions on strategies for patient engagement and self-management
I. The Patient Journey: Pitfalls and Progress on the Road to Asthma Control
II. Overview of Recent Advances in Managing Moderate-to-Severe Asthma
III. Interprofessional Strategies for Ensuring Appropriate Treatment, Referrals, and Care Coordination
IV. Keys for Engaging Patients in Shared Decision-Making, Self-Care, and Adherence
1. Implement guideline-directed referrals and enhance care coordination strategies for patients with moderate-to-severe asthma, including patients with atopic comorbidities
2. Develop effective strategies for navigating health plans to ensure that patients with uncontrolled, moderate-to-severe asthma receive needed therapies without delay
3. Apply patient-centered approaches to medication therapy management for asthma, including patient education and adherence promotion