3002 – Mastering the Social Determinants of Health: Comprehensive Case Management
The Social Determinants of Health (SDH) have been identified as a pivotal area to impact both physical and behavioral well-being for individuals and populations. Case managers are on the front lines of working through these often challenging and multidimensional client situations, posing ethical implications for the workforce. Included are prevention and wellness concerns, medication and treatment adherence, plus the access to and cost of care to name a few areas.
Through an interactive presentation experience learn how to successfully assess for and maneuver the complex social, political and economic contexts of SDH. Effectively identify, engage, and intervene with the SDH population through use of the Comprehensive Case Management Path(c), a unique process merging Critical Thinking for Case Managers (c) with the Case Management Process(c). Additional session discussion will focus on relevant legislation and funding, career implications for the workforce, plus successful program models and resources.
1. Define the Social Determinants of Health (SDH)
2. Discuss the Socio-Political Drivers to impact the progression of SDH
3. Name and apply the eleven steps of the Comprehensive Case Management Path(c)
4. Discuss the ethical impact for professionals of bias in managing populations predisposed to the SDH.
5. Apply the CCMP to attendee practice settings